‘Culture is not only a heritage, it is a project.’ Paul Hountondji
Welcome to the website for Kevin Murray, an independent writer and curator.
Please find here information about prospective, current and previous projects.
They reflect where I come from, Australia, what’s special about this end of the world and what we make of it.
Please note those projects on the right of this screen that are currently in development. I am pleased to discuss these with potential partners.
Some current projects:
|Australia India Design Platform
A network of artisans, designers and users
|Live Jewellery across the Pacific
A touring exhibition of modern amulets
A south-south dialogue of ideas
What Australia would have been like if not colonised by Britain
- Vale last King of Mysore, champion of local silk crafts.
- Samaanata covered in the Deccan Chronicle - a few errors here and there, but it's the thought that counts: http://t.co/m7740HRstJ
- The three rivers finally come together for a Sangam in Bangalore. Now let's make the garden.
- End of a long day at Samaanata, Bangalore. Dizzying perspectives on Indian craft, but consistent question of capital.
- We have finally come to that point when there is no more Mandela. Alone.